In order to qualify, applicants should meet all of the following minimum criteria:
- Be 12 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Currently in grade 6
- Attain an overall aggregate of 70% or more. Additionally, learners must have attained 70% or above for each of these subjects: Mathematics, Science, and English.
- Have demonstratable financial need.
- Show leadership potential.
- Be community service orientated.
Qualifying applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Attach copies of the following items to the completed forms:
- Latest term exam report
- Certified copies of the pay slips of both parents/legal guardians If the parents/legal guardians/care-givers are unemployed, an affidavit stating the same must be attached. (Please note that a stamped affidavit must be obtained from the police station) If the child is an orphan, the following documentation must also be attached: both parents’ death certificates, or an affidavit stating that the child is an orphan and documentation of legal guardianship.
- Three – month bank statements of both parents/guardians, where applicable