The SSP high school scholarship is a 5-year programme that offers complete support programmes to assist the scholars to reach their potential holistically. It is a rigorous programme aimed at developing future leaders in all aspects of South African society.
The 5-year scholarship includes:
- School uniforms
- Sports gear
- Educational excursions
- SSP undertakes detailed academic performance monitoring and facilitates interventions and support measures in order to ensure that SSP scholars learn and excel academically and otherwise
- SSP facilitates provision of extra lessons and/or consolidated classes for underperforming scholars
- SSP defines academic excellence as the achievement of a minimum of 65% aggregate in all subjects
SSP workshops develop leadership skills, study skills and personal branding.
Parent Support Forums
- The SSP Parent Forum ensures that parents’ voices are heard in decision-making processes
- The Forum supports the school and aids in future improvements to the high school scholarship programme
- The Forum develops and engages in activities which support the education and welfare of SSP scholars
- The Forum encourages links between the school, parents, SSP, students and the wider communities affected
Scholar Support Forums
- The SSP Scholar Council aims to serve the collective interest of all SSP scholars. The council aims to encourage and nurture a positive relationship between SSP and its scholars.
The Council aims to make students comfortable at their respective schools and to make students aware of what extra assistance SSP has for them.
- Mentors guide, support and motivate SSP scholars
- Each scholar is paired with a dedicated mentor to ensure that an additional support structure is made accessible for the SSP scholar
SSP provides training to the mentors and mentees and advise parents on the selection process to ensure that everyone is on board.
Graduate / Alumni Programme
- SSP’s Graduate/Alumni Programme assists in sourcing funding for tertiary studies, university applications, and internship and employment opportunities
- Once the SSP scholar has graduated from the SSP programme in Matric, that SSP scholar becomes an Alumni member. There is an Alumni programme to facilitate networking and camaraderie amongst SSP Alumni
- SSP has proven that with the necessary intervention and support measures in place it is possible for scholars to overcome challenges, learn from experiences and excel academically and otherwise
- SSP facilitates and encourages the use of all resources available to prevent scholars from underperforming and, in turn, to ensure a gratifying SSP experience.
For more information, please contact us on 010 206 0022 or by email: email@example.com