SSP recruits grade 6 learners from Gauteng (Johannesburg and Pretoria) and the Eastern Cape (East London and Grahamstown). Successful applicants will be placed in a year-long bridging programme that seeks to improve learners’ abilities in English, Mathematics, Science and Technology. The Scholar Development Programme consists of Saturday Classes, Academic camps and Personal Development Workshops.
How to Apply:
Grade 6 learners and their parents are required to complete the SSP application form, which will be made available when recruitment opens in June of every year. Those learners who meet the primary criteria as below will be invited to take the SSP Maths and English examinations. Learners who do well in these assessments will be invited, along with their parents, for social and financial interviews to determine eligibility on the basis of commitment, leadership potential, motivation and financial need. Successful candidates will be selected to participate in the Scholar Development Programme during their grade 7 year.
- Student must be in Grade 6 to apply
- Not older than 12 years of age at the time of application
- Overall average of 70% or more in Grade 5
- 70% minimum grade for Mathematics, English and Science
- Financial need – less that R 20 000.00 combined annual family income
- Leadership potential
- Community-service orientated